Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Praying for Kenzi

Kenzi is a friend of Allison's from school and her Mom is a special encouragement to me. Last night Kenzi had her first seizure in almost a year. Those of you who may not know, the day after a seizure your strength is zapped. Please pray for Kenzi today but also pray for her Mom and family to recover from the stress that these cause. Parents with medically involved kiddos seem to carry a low level ot stress at all times as we try to live life as "normal" as possible. Kenzi doesn't have a website that I know of so I will post a special writing that her Mom posted recently.



Kenzi Girl

words cannot describe the blessing this little girl is in my life...
she is so many things...
sweet
funny
adventurous
deep
amazing
calming
breath of fresh air
pure joy
sense of humor
smart
her smile lights up my life,
so many people miss who she is everyday that I just wanted to take a moment to share her with you. She may not act the same as other children and if you are in a hurry or looking for the norm you will miss the blessing that is her. She is Kenzi, one of the most incredible people you will ever overlook and the loss will be yours. There are many Kenzi's in our life and I pray that you find one everyday.

You may think that you could sacrifice a few moments of your life to bless her but I tell you the truth my friends the blessing will be all yours. As I interact and learn from her everyday I am more and more aware of the scripture in Hebrews that says "Don’t forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it” (Hebrews 13:2). She is my angel and my hope is that you all have the time and space for such an encounter.



Love, April


No comments:

Post a Comment