Sunday, February 5, 2012

Please Pray for Dylan

I haven't posted for a while, not because there haven't been needs but because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Tonight, I felt strong about bringing a little guy to your attention.

Dylan has Emanuel Syndrome and had surgery last week in a hospital a few states away from his home. All seemed to be going well until last night. Here are some posts from his mother.



Melissa: "Our worst nightmare...we are back in the OR with a complication. He's in bade shape worse than any day in (the other hospital). Thank goodness for SIUH. The pediatric ER is amazing. Please keep him in your thoughts."


then


"Dylan is being transported by ambulance to the ICU at Children's Hospital. It's bad. They think it is Enterocolitis/obstruction."


then


"Dylan is in the intensive care unit at Cohen's Children Hospital. The doctors believe it is enterocolitis. He is not conscious and not doing well. Please think of him all day today. He needs everyone to pull for him."


and most recently


"Dylan is in critical but stable condition tonight. He's still not up but he looks better & he is in great care. He's alive thanks to the quick thinking of some amazing Dr's & nurses."


So I am asking you to please pray and please pass this on.


(When I get permission, I will post his photo, he is a handsome guy!)


Thank you.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting. My son has the same rare syndrome and all of us are like family and I am constantly checking for updates. Sweet Dylan keep staying strong and fighting...can't wait to see you smiling again like the day you busted out of the hospital after the surgery! We love you Melissa and Oleg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't know this was your blog!!! Love you Auntie Jem!!

    ReplyDelete